Strawberry Fields Animal Rescue is a full service non-profit tax exempt animal rescue. Our mission at Strawberry Fields Animal Rescue is to rescue, rehabilitate, and re-home unwanted animals everywhere!
Our Founder, Gina Stanchfield, has been an animal activist since she was a young girl in Southern California and continued her efforts since moving here to Nevada twenty six years ago. You can read more about Gina, the driving force of Strawberry Fields Animal Rescue on our About Us page.
Services We Provide
Question & Answer
How Can I Help?
Helping Strawberry Fields Animal Rescue is pretty easy. If you would like to donate please feel free to click on our donate now button at the top of the screen.
We are a nonprofit 501(c) organization that relies on public support/donations to do the work that we do. This is the list of items that we require to care for our furry, feathered and scaly residents. For more information about our wish list, or to find out more about what you can do to help us with our cause, please contact us at (775) 265-3130.
- Blankets, towels, linens, comforters
- Pet beds, crates, kennels, x-pens, stainless steel bowls/buckets, dual sided snaps
- Cat litter/scoops, pet toys (Knong and Mylabones are best and most durable for our larger canine residents), agility equipment, doggie pooper scoopers (preferable large size)
- Leashes (nylon, leather, slip leads, etc.), collars (leather, nylon, choke chains, prong collars, etc.)
- Kibble (preferable grain free-dog or cat), canned foods (dog or cat), biscuits/treats (preferable grain free), Beggin’ Strips, cat litter, parrot food/vitamins, turtle/tortoise food/vitamins, chicken feed, shavings
- Heating blankets and pads (for reptiles and winter time), reptile lights (heating bulbs, vita light bulbs, and hoods), aquariums, reptile substrates (calcium sand, moss, coconut fiber bedding, etc.)
- Pet medication/supplements (cosequin for any species is wonderful)
- Cleaning products (preferable disinfecting/antibacterial), bleach, rags, cleansers, scrub sponges, spray bottles, etc.
- A new or gently used horse trailer for taking our horses to events, veterinarian, swimming at lake Topaz or for evacuation in case of fire.
- A new or gently used utility tractor with bucket and backhoe with 4-wheel drive. Gravel and concrete work.
We are always open to building materials or contractors that are willing to donate time and or materials towards construction of our projects.
Would you like to volunteer at Strawberry Fields Animal Rescue?
As an all volunteer organization, we need people of all talents to keep the organization running smoothly. There are many ways that you can help Strawberry Fields Animal Rescue, depending on the time and skills you have to offer. Below are just a few ways that you can help;
~ Foster – At times we need help in providing a temporary home for an animal in need.
~ Conduct Home Visits – Help in visiting potential adopter’s homes in our local area to help prepare the owners for their new family member.
~ Transport – Give an animal a ride to the vet, adoption events, or his new home.
~ Events – Help handling an animal at an event, passing out flyers, setting up tables, etc.
~ Location – Help out around Strawberry Fields. Dog walking, bath time, feeding time, picking up after animals, etc.
If you would like to help, please call us at (775) 265-3130 for more information. Thank you!